Ideation: Bringing Ideas to the Screen
Duration: 4 sessions | 3 hours/session
Have you got a winning idea for a TV show or online video but don’t know how to get it off the ground or where to start?
Learn how to transform your ideas into actual production or film projects in this online lecture-workshop designed for creative and production practitioners and aspirants. In this course, you will immerse yourself in the creative process and learn how to think and collaborate to turn your ideas into market- and production-ready proposals. At the end of the course, you will learn how to systematically generate ideas and develop them into concrete, workable production concepts and formats.
This course will also equip you with an overview of global production and distribution ecosystems to help you plan out and navigate your concepts through to production and screening.
Who Should Attend
- Production professionals involved in or desiring to go into program or content development
- Aspiring documentary makers and content creators
- Digital or online media creators and producers
- Advertising and branded content creatives
- Aspiring filmmakers and scriptwriters
- Graduates and students of Media, Communication, Film, and related courses who desire a practical understanding of the creative process
- Events and consumer marketing professionals
- Producers, investors and entrepreneurial individuals who desire an understanding and appreciation of the creative process in production
This course provides live instructor-led demonstration and discussions, student engagement and hands on exercises using Zoom and Google Classroom. When necessary, students will complete exercises after-class to be submitted before the next one.
|The Big Idea: How to create and nurture ideas|
WORKSHOP: The idea lab
The Ideation Process: Developing ideas into working concepts
Knowing Your Market
WORKSHOP: Customizing concepts for a target audience
Making Your Concepts Market-Ready
Selling Your Ideas
|WORKSHOP: Presentation of your pitch deck|
The course is designed for creative and production industry professionals, but amateurs, aspirants, and students can greatly benefit from learning about the ideation process and the production and distribution industries. Preferably, participants have experience or have attended courses in Digital Video Fundamentals, Digital Video Production, or Production Management. Business background is an advantage but not required.
- The course is immersive and therefore participants are required to bring ideas for programs, videos, films, and other production or content projects for them to work with in the workshops.
- Participants should expect coursework that need to be accomplished outside of the sessions and presented in class at the workshops.
- The workshops are collaborative in nature (brainstorming and critiquing environment) so participants are expected to keep an open mind and maintain a constructive attitude.
- Finally, as we are dealing with potentially proprietary creations, we will require all participants to respect (and possibly sign for) non-disclosure.
Students must have Zoom application and stable internet connection.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount
- Enroll in our L2C (Learning to Certification) programs and get a globally recognized certificate. This course is part of:
Fees: ₱5,000 inclusive of VAT.
Includes materials & e-certificate at the end of the class.
Check Discount Options & Payment
Duration: 4 sessions | 3 hours per session | 12 hours total
Schedule: Check the UPCOMING SCHEDULES below.
BROWSE OTHER COURSES