Canva for Beginners (Full Online)
Are you looking to create stunning designs for your business or personal projects but don’t know where to start? Look no further than Canva – the ultimate design tool for beginners.
In this workshop, we’ll take you through everything you need to know to get started with Canva. From creating a new design, to selecting the perfect colors and fonts, to adding images and graphics – we’ve got you covered.
Whether you’re a blogger, entrepreneur, or just someone looking to create beautiful designs for your personal projects, this workshop is perfect for you. No prior design experience is necessary, and you’ll leave with the skills and confidence to create stunning designs that will impress your audience.
Method of teaching
This course provides live instructor-led demonstration and discussions, student engagement and hands on exercises using Zoom, Google Classroom and Canva. When necessary, students will complete exercises after-class to be submitted before the next one.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Navigate Canva’s interface and organize projects
- Create professional-looking designs using Canva’s tools and templates
- Customize designs with text, images, and graphics
- Export designs for presentations and social media
What will be covered
Introduction to Canva
- What is Canva?
- Creating a Canva account
- Overview of the Canva dashboard
- Navigating presentation templates
- Tools and menus in Canva
- Choosing a design template
- Adding text and images
- Customizing designs with colors, fonts, and elements
- Uploading and using photos
- Working with layers and alignment tools
Activity: Create a simple presentation about yourself
Animation in Canva
- Page, text, and element animations
- Animation settings
Activity: Add animations to your Canva presentation from the previous session.
Social Media Templates
- Navigating Canva’s social media dashboard
- Creating a square Instagram post in Canva
- Exporting Images
Activity: Create a square Instagram post promoting a fictional product of your choice. You can customize templates, add elements and text, and upload your own photos. You can create at most ten (10) images for this activity.
Video in Canva
- Creating reels using templates in Canva
- Customizing video templates
- Navigating the timeline and video editing tools
- Exporting video
Activity: Create an accompanying reel to your sample social media post from the previous activity. Your goal is to promote your fictional product of choice. Use animations, elements, text, and photos for your project.
- Sharing and Collaborating on Designs
- Organizing Projects
Prerequisite | Requirements:
Students can use a computer, laptop, or tablet (iPad or Android) for this class. No prior experience with Canva is required, but basic computer skills are necessary. This class will utilize Zoom. Stable internet connection is recommended.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount