PHO NC II Module 1 (COC 1): Operating a Camera and Composing a Subject
This is the first of four modules in the Core Unit of Competency in Photography NC II.
By the end of this module, you should be able to properly operate your camera, have a solid understanding of the basic principles in photography, and compose visually pleasing photos to help you execute the images you (or your clients) envision.
This module is perfect for:
- those with or without knowledge in photography
- photography enthusiasts
- serious hobbyists or industry practitioners who wish to have a formal training
- those who are considering a career as a photographer.
Method of Teaching
Full Online, Self-paced, with consultations via video conferencing platforms.
56 hours (7 days)
What will be covered
Basic, common, and core competencies comprise the Photography NC II qualification. This module will cover below module content. Plus, the free Learning Management System (LMS) access to the Photography NC II Basic and Common Units of Competency.
- Learning Outcome 1: Operate the Camera
- Learning Outcome 2: Select and Use Lenses
- Learning Outcome 3: Addressing Lighting and Exposure
- Learning Outcome 4: Compose a Subject
- Learning Outcome 5: Experiment with Techniques to Capture Photographic Images
- Learning Outcome 6: Review Images
- Learning Outcome 7: Restore Equipment
- Be able to read, comprehend, and discuss printed information in English.
- Be able to write simple statements, recognize numbers, and perform basic numeric calculations.
- Computer literate and willing to learn new software.
- At least 18 years of age by the time they finish the training program.
Equipment / Software:
- Must own or have access to a Digital SLR (DSLR) or Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera (MILC) with lens and basic accessories (battery, charger, memory card, card reader or camera cable for downloading the files to the computer)
- Must have stable internet connection
- Device with good audio and video, and Zoom application
- Duly accomplished Learners Profile Form (MIS 03-01)
- Four pieces of passport-size colored photo
- white background
- shirt with collar
- with name in front (digital text is acceptable)
- Photocopy of any valid government ID (showing the correct spelling of your full name).
- Photocopy of birth certificate
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The Photography NC II training program offers RPL for existing competencies. The RPL framework enables easier participation in the training by acknowledging skills and knowledge obtained through prior experience, such as in the workplace.
To be eligible for RPL, candidates must provide:
- Evidence of relevant knowledge and skills (e.g. employment certificate, training certificates related to the program)
- Pass an Institutional Assessment
The Institutional Assessment evaluates a trainee’s mastery of competency units and is conducted by a trainer before each module starts. Upon satisfactory completion of each core competency unit, a Certificate of Competency will be awarded.
To inquire, please email email@example.com.
Assessment and Certification
1.) The PHOTOGRAPHY NC II qualification can be obtained by earning Certificates of Competency (COCs) in the following areas:
- COC 1: Operate camera and compose a subject
- COC 2: Set up studio lights, equipment and accessories
- COC 3: Perform post capture processing
- COC 4: Present finished products
2.) Upon obtaining all COCs, trainees must complete the National Assessment. To earn the National Certificate (NC) in PHOTOGRAPHY NC II, the candidate must demonstrate proficiency in all core units of competency during the National Assessment.
- Access to the Learning Management System (LMS), which contains the lectures and activities for this module
- FREE LMS access to the Photography NC II Basic and Common Units of Competency
- Certificate of Competency on the Basic Competency, Common Competency and Core Unit of Competency Operate Camera and Compose a Subject when the module is successfully completed
- Lifetime FREE refresher when the module is successfully completed
- PCCI Alumni discount
|PHOTOGRAPHY NC II Program and Modules||Duration||Schedule||Fees||Registration|
|Photography NC II (Full Program)||25 days||Jul 3-Aug 4||₱20,000.00||Full Online|
|PHO NC II Module 1 (COC 1): Operating a Camera and Composing a Subject||7 days ***||Jul 3-11||₱8,400.00||Full Online|
|PHO NC II Module 2 (COC 2): Setting Up Studio Lights, Equipment, and Accessories||5 days ***||Jul 10-14||₱6,000.00||Full Online|
|PHO NC II Module 3 (COC 3 and 4): Performing Post-Capture Processing and Presenting Finished Product||6 days ***||Jul 18-26||₱7,200.00||Full Online|