Digital Camera Fundamentals (Full Online)
If you are getting into digital photography, understanding the digital features of your camera is absolutely essential. This webinar explains in simple terms the basic settings you must choose in your camera before you even touch your exposure controls (ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed).
The wrong choice can lead to disastrous result. For example, what resolution should you choose; what quality option should you save your jpeg file; what color space should you use for your jpeg file; should you choose camera raw or jpeg; and many more decisions. Your choice can limit your print size or affect the quality of the image reproduction.
This seminar is also a good starting point for those who have not made a choice as to what digital camera to buy. There is no substitute for being an informed buyer!
Method of teaching
This is a live instructor-led online seminar with participant engagement via Q&A. This class will use Zoom as main conferencing platform.
What will be covered
- Advantages of Digital Photography
- Kinds of Digital Cameras (Digicam)
- The Process of Digital Photography
- How Does a Digital Camera Work
- What Affects The Quality of a Digital Photograph
- Anatomy (Software) of a digicam: Structure of a digital photograph; factors that affect the quality of a digital photography—Resolution, Aspect ratio, Color space & Color Management, White balance and Noise—camera raw vs. JPEG, Picture Style and Histogram
- Anatomy (Hardware) of a digicam
- Kinds of sensor
- Sensor sizes and Lens’ Focal Length
- Sensor sensitivity and noise
- Problems with dust
- Burst rate
- Image storage and Archiving
- Camera Controls and Menus
Open to anyone interested in the topic.
This beginner-level seminar is for those who are attending the Basic Photography class so they can maximize the use of their camera’s digital features.
Students must have Zoom application and stable internet connection.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount
- Enroll in our L2C (Learning to Certification) programs and get a globally recognized certificate. This course is part of:
- Photography NC II certificate program
- Go to occurrence page
- May 02 2023
TimeClass hours vary per date. Typical hours are as follows:
- 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm