VGD NC III Module 5 (COC 6): Design Booth and Product/Window Display
This is the 5th of five modules in the Core Unit of Competency in Visual Graphic Design (VGD) NC III.
This module covers the knowledge, skills and attitude required to incorporate the principles of visual design and communication into the design and production of booth and product window displays.
Method of Teaching
Full Online, Self-paced, with consultations via video conferencing platforms.
70 hours (9 days)
What will be covered
Basic, common, and core competencies comprise the Visual Graphic Design (VGD) NC III program. This module will cover below module content. Plus, the free Learning Management System (LMS) access to the Visual Graphic Design (VGD) NC III Basic and Common Units of Competency.
- Learning Outcome 1: Receive and interpret the brief
- Learning Outcome 2: Develop design concepts for specific booth and product window / display
- Learning Outcome 3: Finalize selected design using precise specifications provided
- Learning Outcome 4: Produce colored 3D model images & views of the approved booth or product/ window display design
- Must have completed at least 10 yrs. basic education or an alternative learning systems (ALS) certificate of completion with grade 10 equivalent holder.
- Must have drawing and drafting skills.
- Can communicate either oral and written
- Must have computer operation skills and at least 1 graphic software knowledge and skills.
- Must pass the aptitude and artistic/talent determination test given by the institution
- Computer with the following software already installed:
- Adobe Photoshop or Gimp
- Illustrator or Inkscape
- Adobe Dimension/3D Sketchup
- Must have stable internet connection
- Adobe Apps for Graphic Design bundle course or get tested for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)***
*** This is a pre-requisite course before taking any Core Modules. Students may also submit requirements and get tested for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) if they have experience using the 3 programs or similar platforms.
- Duly accomplished Learners Profile Form (MIS 03-01)
- Four pieces of passport-size colored photo
- white background
- shirt with collar
- with name in front (digital text is acceptable)
- Photocopy of any valid government ID (showing the correct spelling of your full name).
- Photocopy of birth certificate
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The Visual Graphic Design (VGD) NC III training program offers RPL for existing competencies. The RPL framework enables easier participation in the training by acknowledging skills and knowledge obtained through prior experience, such as in the workplace.
To be eligible for RPL, candidates must provide:
- Evidence of relevant knowledge and skills (e.g. employment certificate, training certificates related to the program)
- Pass an Institutional Assessment
The Institutional Assessment evaluates a trainee’s mastery of competency units and is conducted by a trainer before each module starts. Upon satisfactory completion of each core competency unit, a Certificate of Competency will be awarded.
To inquire, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assessment and Certification
1.) The Visual Graphic Design NC III qualification can be obtained by earning Certificates of Competency (COCs) in the following areas:
- COC 1: Develop designs for logo and print media
- COC 2: Develop designs for user experience and user interface
- COC 3: Develop designs for product packaging
- COC 4: Design booth and product window/display
2.) Upon obtaining all COCs, trainees must complete the National Assessment. To earn the National Certificate (NC) in Visual Graphic Design NC III, the candidate must demonstrate proficiency in all core units of competency during the National Assessment.
- Access to the Learning Management System (LMS), which contains the lectures and activities for this module
- FREE LMS access to the Visual Graphic Design (VGD) NC III Basic and Common Units of Competency
- Certificate of Competency on the Basic Competency, Common Competency and Core Unit of Competency Design Booth and Product/Window Display when the module is successfully completed
- Lifetime FREE refresher when the module is successfully completed
- PCCI Alumni discount
|VISUAL GRAPHIC DESIGN NC III Program and Modules||Duration||Schedule||Fees||Registration|
|Visual Graphic Design NC III (Full Program)||63 days||May 8-Aug 10||₱60,000.00||Full Online|
|VGD NC III Module 1 (COC 1): Develop Designs for Logo||19 days ***||May 8-Jun 1||₱18,500.00||Full Online|
|VGD NC III Module 2 (COC 2): Develop Designs for Print Media||9 days ***||Jun 5-15||₱8,700.00||Full Online|
|VGD NC III Module 3 (COC 3 & 4): Developing Designs for User Experience + Use Interface||17 days ***||Jun 19-Jul 11||₱16,500.00||Full Online|
|VGD NC III Module 4 (COC 5): Develop Designs for Product Packaging||8 days ***||Jul 17-26||₱7,500.00||Full Online|
|VGD NC III Module 5 (COC 6): Design Booth and Product/Window Display||9 days ***||Jul 31-Aug 10||₱8,800.00||Full Online|