PHO NC II Module 3 (COC 3 and 4): Performing Post-Capture Processing and Presenting Finished Product
This are the third and fourth of four modules in the Core Unit of Competency in Photography NC II.
In the film photography era, the negatives had to be developed and printed. Retouching of images at that time could be done during the developing stage in the darkroom and/or after the images had been printed. Now that digital photography is used in the industry, the workflow has slightly changed—the retouching or editing of photos are done digitally in the computer before they are printed.
In these modules, you will learn the post-capture processing workflow in digital photography—from downloading your images, organizing your image files, selecting and creating proof sheets for your photos for client presentation, globally enhancing your images, basic portrait retouching, and delivering your final product to your client.
This module is perfect for photography enthusiasts with knowledge in photography who:
- wish to have a formal training on basic portrait retouching using Adobe Photoshop
- are considering a career as a photographer
- are considering a career as a portrait retoucher
Method of Teaching
Full Online, Self-paced, with consultations via video conferencing platforms.
48 hours (6 days)
What will be covered
Basic, common, and core competencies comprise the Photography NC II qualification. This module will cover below module contents. Plus, the free Learning Management System (LMS) access to the Photography NCII Basic and Common Units of Competency.
- (COC 3) Learning Outcome 1: Prepare Work Environment for Post-Capture Processing
- (COC 3) Learning Outcome 2: Process Images by Analog or Digital Means
- (COC 3) Learning Outcome 3: Test Techniques to Produce Proof Sheets
- (COC 3) Learning Outcome 4: Test Techniques to Make Work-Prints and Screen Images
- (COC 3) Learning Outcome 5: Store Photo Images
- (COC 3) Learning Outcome 6: Restore Work Environment and Equipment
- (COC 4) Learning Outcome 1: Prepare Photo Images and Material for Final Packaging
- (COC 4) Learning Outcome 2: Select Appropriate Printing Equipment
- (COC 4) Learning Outcome 3: Apply Finishing Touches
- (COC 4) Learning Outcome 4: Package Finished Products
- Be able to read, comprehend, and discuss printed information in English.
- Be able to write simple statements, recognize numbers, and perform basic numeric calculations.
- Computer literate and willing to learn new software.
- At least 18 years of age by the time they finish the training program.
Equipment / Software:
- Must have access to a computer with Adobe Photoshop (CS6 or more recent version)
- Must have stable internet connection
- Device with good audio and video, and Zoom application
- Duly accomplished Learners Profile Form (MIS 03-01)
- Four pieces of passport-size colored photo
- white background
- shirt with collar
- with name in front (digital text is acceptable)
- Photocopy of any valid government ID (showing the correct spelling of your full name).
- Photocopy of birth certificate
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The Photography NC II training program offers RPL for existing competencies. The RPL framework enables easier participation in the training by acknowledging skills and knowledge obtained through prior experience, such as in the workplace.
To be eligible for RPL, candidates must provide:
- Evidence of relevant knowledge and skills (e.g. employment certificate, training certificates related to the program)
- Pass an Institutional Assessment
The Institutional Assessment evaluates a trainee’s mastery of competency units and is conducted by a trainer before each module starts. Upon satisfactory completion of each core competency unit, a Certificate of Competency will be awarded.
To inquire, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assessment and Certification
1.) The PHOTOGRAPHY NC II qualification can be obtained by earning Certificates of Competency (COCs) in the following areas:
- COC 1: Operate camera and compose a subject
- COC 2: Set up studio lights, equipment and accessories
- COC 3: Perform post capture processing
- COC 4: Present finished products
2.) Upon obtaining all COCs, trainees must complete the National Assessment. To earn the National Certificate (NC) in PHOTOGRAPHY NC II, the candidate must demonstrate proficiency in all core units of competency during the National Assessment.
- Access to the Learning Management System (LMS), which contains the lectures and activities for this module
- FREE LMS access to the Photography NC II Basic and Common Units of Competency
- Certificate of Competency on the Basic Competency, Common Competency and Core Unit of Competency Operate Camera and Compose a Subject when the module is successfully completed
- Lifetime FREE refresher when the module is successfully completed
- PCCI Alumni discount
|PHOTOGRAPHY NC II Program and Modules||Duration||Schedule||Fees||Registration|
|Photography NC II (Full Program)||25 days||Apr 20-May 24||₱20,000.00||Full Online|
|PHO NC II Module 1 (COC 1): Operating a Camera and Composing a Subject||7 days ***||May 01-09||₱8,400.00||Full Online|
|PHO NC II Module 2 (COC 2): Setting Up Studio Lights, Equipment, and Accessories||5 days ***||May 10-16||₱6,000.00||Full Online|
|PHO NC II Module 3 (COC 3 and 4): Performing Post-Capture Processing and Presenting Finished Product||6 days ***||May 17-24||₱7,200.00||Full Online|