Adobe Animate for Beginners (Full Online)
Animate your stories with Adobe Animate! In this workshop, learn how to create a short, animated video using the application. A great start to eventually design interactive animations for games, TV shows, and the web. Bring cartoons and banner ads to life. Create animated doodles and avatars with Animate that you can quickly publish to multiple platforms in just about any format and reach viewers on any screen.
Method of teaching
This course provides live instructor-led demonstration and discussions, student engagement and hands on exercises using Zoom, Google Classroom and Adobe Animate CC. When necessary, students will complete exercises after-class to be submitted before the next one.
What will be covered
Introduction to Animation and its Uses
Discover the many uses of animation and apply them to your short film, ad, or presentation. Learn how to plan your animation through storyboarding.
- Animation Overview
- Storyboard Basics
- Cinematic Shots
- Activity: Plan a short-animated sequence with a storyboard
Asset Creation in Adobe Animate
Explore the interface of Adobe Animate and learn about its basic functions and tools. Create lively characters, colorful backgrounds, and catchy text for your animation.
- Drawing Tools and Shortcuts
- Supported files in Adobe Animate
- Brushes and Pen Tools
- Properties Panel
- Activity: Choose ONE SCENE from your storyboard and draw/import it into Animate
Preparing Assets for Animation
Convert your drawings into animation assets or “symbols”.
- Types of Symbols in Adobe Animate
- Library Panel
- Organizing your Symbols
- Layers Panel
- Activity: Convert all of your assets into symbols and arrange them as layers
Introduction to Animation
Learn the basics of animation principles and apply them to your scene. Composite your scene on the timeline and learn to animate with “tweens”.
- Discussion of the Animation Principles
- Timeline Panel
- Adding/Deleting Frames and Shortcuts
- Classic Tween
- Previewing your Animation
- Activity: Animate your scene
Camera, Effects, and Sound
Add any finishing touches to your scene with a camera, color effects, and/or sound.
- Refresher on Symbols and Timeline
- Camera Tool
- Color Styles and Effects
- Importing Sound
- Activity: Adding finishing touches to scene
Exporting to Video
Finalize your scene and export it to video format for sharing.
- Instructor Feedback on Submitted Animated Scenes
- Exporting to SWF
- Converting SWF to MP4
- Presentation of Final Output
Students must have a computer that can run Adobe Animate. Newer versions preferred but not required, however students with older versions will not have some features. This class will utilize Zoom and OneDrive. Stable internet connection is recommended. Drawing tablet is optional but preferred.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount
- Go to occurrence page
- Apr 17 - 21 2023
TimeTypical hours are as follows:
- 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm