Fundamentals of Drawing
Duration: 5 sessions | 3 hours/session
Drawing is the most primal expression of self that is known to man. With this activity, people first express their creativity, and communicate how they see and understand the world. It is therefore a very sad thing when people grow up, and say that they do not know how to draw.
The main purpose of this course is to show people not just HOW to draw, but also to let them know that they CAN draw, and anyone can do it properly. This 15‐hour workshop is the 1st of a 6‐course series that covers the fundamentals of Drawing, Storytelling, and Design. Here, we will guide students young and old through the very basics they need to know and be proficient in so they can confidently say that they can indeed draw, and draw well.
This course provides live instructor‐led demonstration and discussions, student engagement and on‐the‐spot hands on exercises using Zoom, Google Classroom, some paper, and at least 1 drawing implement. Students will be given challenges to perform, to properly assess their individual progress, and determine their art strengths and tendencies.
The Basic Elements of Drawing: Lines and Ellipses
- Developing the proper motor skills for
- Accelerated, Moebius, and Freeform Lines
- Circles and Angled Ellipses
- Basic Composition with the Basic Elements
- Challenge Activity: Patterns
Basic Shapes and Figures
- Simple Figure Observation and
- Basic Stick Figures
- Basic Simple Shapes and Construction
- Challenge Activity: Non-human Figures
- Game: The Draw-Off Challenge: The
- Basic Gesture Drawings
- Basic Frame Skeletons
- Challenge Activity: The Superhero Pt I
The Basic Concept of Environmental
- Introduction to Scale
- Introduction to Perspective
- Challenge Activity: my Ideal Room
Introduction to Life Drawing
- The Fundamentals of Life Drawing
- Challenge Activity: The Superhero Pt II
Students must have the following:
- Zoom application, or Gmail account (for Google Classroom)
- A supply of clean paper
- At least one drawing implement, preferably a pencil
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Alumni discount
Fees: ₱7,000 inclusive of VAT.
Includes materials & e-certificate at the end of the class.
Check Discount Options & Payment
Duration: 5 sessions | 3 hours per session | 15 hours total
Schedule: Check the UPCOMING SCHEDULES below.
BROWSE OTHER COURSES