Art and World of Pet Photography: Cats, Dogs & Horses
Duration: 1 session | 3 hours
“My best teachers in learning to photograph pets like cats, dogs and horses have been the animals themselves.'' –Che Vienes
The trouble of photographing small pets and large companion animals comes from our inability to communicate with them, and their often unpredictable nature.
This 3 hour easy to understand online class is for you if you have a cat, a dog or a horse.
This is for you, if you are keen on showing the true beauty and meaningful life of pets along with humans.
If you want to master how to create timeless images and stories of people with their companion animals.
This is for you if you want to discover the art of pet photography and wanted to learn how to dramatically increase the quality of your pictures. If you wanted to help or transmit awareness for pets and animal care through photography.
Tips on capturing personality or the spirit of cats, dogs and horses. As well as solving the unique problems that often arise when dealing with these subjects during a photo shoot session.
Sharing the tricks of the trade. Discussions of composition and style. And help you develop your perspective on how to capture pets with a heartfelt and memorable way.
Pets or the other companion animals play a big part in many lives so it’s no surprise that pet photography will become more popular than ever. This is for you if you wanted to capture true love.
This is a live instructor-led online seminar with participant engagement via Q&A. This class will use Zoom as main conferencing platform.
What will be covered
- What’s the purpose of a pet photo?
(Art, Science, Promotional ads and Media)
- What inspires you to do beautiful pieces of pet portraits?
- The technical aspects - the camera, lenses & the setting
Use of AF continuous (AI Servo) mode
- Readiness: Preparing for the photo shoot session
- Create a mood board
- Knowing your subject (type, sizes and ages)
PET OWNERSHIP PHENOMENA
- Understanding most common pet expression, behavior & body language
- Pets as an unpredictable creature: Why do we need to establish a calm and safe set up or environment for the photo session
- How to properly handle or position the pet in your frame for the best photo
- The process of working with pets and animals (what motivates pet to pose in front of a camera?)
- What makes a good pet photo? (Your style)
- Photograph differences and challenges of indoor or home, studio set up, outdoor or field
- (Use of Natural light)
(Use of Strobes)
(Use of Continuous light set up)
- How to select the best props and background
- What is the best time to shoot cats and dogs?
- What is the best time to shoot horses and ponies?
- “Eyes” The most expressive part of an animal’s face
- Perspective: You have to shoot in their world
- DETAIL SHOT (highlight a desired part of the pet or animal)
- Patience isn’t a power; it’s a necessity (Different pet, different character)
- SAFETY TIPS and TRICKS
- Approaching smalls pets like cats and dogs
- Where to stand when shooting Horses and Ponies?
- Creative Direction: Pets their human
- Emotional Impact
- Shoot closer, shoot wider
- Style the Photo shoot
- Enhance images with photo-editing software
- Develop and be consistent with your own photographic style
- Let viewers see the story in your pet photography
Open to anyone interested in the topic.
Students must have Zoom application and stable internet connection.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount
- Enroll in our L2C (Learning to Certification) programs and get a globally recognized certificate. This course is part of:
Fees: ₱600 inclusive of VAT.
Includes materials & e-certificate at the end of the class.
Check Discount Options & Payment
Duration: 1 session | 3 hours
Schedule: Check the UPCOMING SCHEDULES below.
BROWSE OTHER COURSES