Portrait Retouching (Full Online)
The course is about detailed retouching of beauty and portrait images using Photoshop. This is an experts level course that covers techniques used in the retouching industry for magazine cover and brand campaigns.
The course will start with a discussion of digital concepts and how to handle digital images. Workflow follows and techniques is discussed on every step of the workflow. After the finishing touches, exporting your files to different formats is discussed.
Method of Teaching
This course provides live instructor-led demonstration and discussions, student engagement and hands-on exercises through Zoom using the latest version of Adobe Photoshop 2023 version 24.6.0. Sample files will be provided for the exercises through the Google Drive.
- To demonstrate the different tools and techniques in Photoshop that
are appropriate for portrait retouching but also applicable for other
kinds of subject;
- To demonstrate advanced Photoshop tools and techniques not
covered by the basic and other advanced Photoshop classes.
Portrait retouching means:
- Editing out facial defects, e.g., pimples, blackheads; blemishes, e.g. blotches; scars; and imperfections of the subject’s face;
- Reducing wrinkles, crow feet, and eye bags;
- Correcting facial distortion brought about by the camera or reducing hot spots introduced by the flash,
- Enhancing the face of the subject to make it more flattering through applications of face contouring, eyes sharpening and coloring, teeth whitening and applying digital make-up.
What will be covered
- Removing or reducing the circles around the eyes;
- Removing skin blemishes-simple to advance
- Removing or reducing wrinkles;
- Enhancing the eyes by sharpening, adding details and catch light to the eyes, and changing the color of the iris;
- Getting rid of blood-shot eyes and cleaning up the sclera of the eyes
- Reducing hotspots created by flash;
- Removing 5 0’clock shadow, facial beard and stubble;
- Darkening facial hair or adding hair to the face;
- Colorizing the hair, hair touch-up, and fixing fly-away hair;
- Applying realistic eye-make; trimming the eye-brows; and adding eyelashes;
- Whitening and brightening the teeth;
- Retouching the lips;
- Facial Contouring through dodging and burning;
- Skin smoothening using simple to advanced techniques;
- Correcting lens distortion and improving facial shape and details using Liquify; and
- Applying digital facial make-up
- Basic knowledge in using Adobe Photoshop.
Students must have the following: Zoom application, Gmail account (for Google Classroom) and Adobe Photoshop CC and stable internet connection.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount