Studio Lighting 101
Duration: 2 sessions | 3 hours/session
At some point in the life of an aspiring professional photographer, he will want to add another skill set—shooting with studio lights. Now that you have control over almost everything when you shoot in an enclosed area using studio lights, that “new-found control” can be overwhelming. Shooting with studio lights is, indeed, a whole new discipline. In this three-day live virtual class, you will learn the essentials of studio lighting, whether you’re photographing people or objects.
This course provides live instructor-led demonstration and discussions, student engagement and offline hands-on exercises on lighting basics using Zoom and Google Classroom.
What will be covered
- Quick review on basic photography terms
- Principles of lighting
- Types of light sources
- Getting acquainted with studio lights
- Choosing the correct light modifier
- Two-point lighting
- High-key lighting
- Low-key lighting
- Offline: Hands-on exercise on light placement using a continuous light source
- Review day 1 exercise photos
- Getting the correct exposure when shooting with studio lights
- Three-point lighting
- Light ratio
- Continuous light source vs. flash
- Compact flash vs. studio lights
- Choosing your light unit
- Other essential studio equipment and accessories
- Completion of the PCCI's Basic Photography workshop or equivalent experience in basic photography
Students must have the following:
- Zoom application
- Gmail account (for Google Classroom)
- stable internet connection.
- Any brand of DSLR or Mirrorless interchangeable lens camera
- Kit lens (the lens that the camera came with). A wide-to-telephoto variable focal length lens is preferred
- A tripod is not required but would be very useful in the exercises
- Any continuous light source (ex. LED light, reading lamp, natural light source, etc) for the offline hands-on exercise
- Studio lights are NOT REQUIRED, but students with studio lights may be given a separate activity so they can immediately practice with their equipment
- The class duration may vary, depending on the number of participants, the students’ progress, and the students’ available equipment
- The instructor may adjust the lessons covered based on the needs of majority of the participants
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount
- Enroll in our L2C (Learning to Certification) programs and get a globally recognized certificate. This course is part of:
Fees: ₱3,000 inclusive of VAT.
Includes materials & e-certificate at the end of the class.
Check Discount Options & Payment
Duration: 2 sessions | 3 hours per session | 6 hours total
Schedule: Check the UPCOMING SCHEDULES below.
BROWSE OTHER COURSES