Infographic Design (Full Online)
In this course, we will identify the basic elements in creating a basic infographic, including using the right font, the right visuals and the right context to efficiently visualize information without compromising on aesthetics and accuracy, while we uncover the qualities of what makes a truly effective infographic that stands out from the others, as well as some tips on how to add visual interest to the reader.
Who will benefit
- In-house graphic artists involved in business collaterals
- Graphic designers interested in infographics and information design
- Business people in-charge of Business Presentations
- Infographic Junkies
Method of teaching
This course provides live instructor-led demonstration and discussions, student engagement and on-the-spot hands on exercises using Zoom, Google Classroom and Adobe Illustrator CC or CorelDraw. A design brief will be given to the students to accomplish and present on the last day.
- What makes a Good Visualization?
- The elements of a successful infographic
- Understanding how each element works
- Making the Infographic:
- What to say
- Writing the Brief
- Getting the Essence
- How to Back it up:
- Gathering your Data
- Finding the Insight within the Data
- Finding the Narrative within
- How to Say it: Doing the Layout, Illustrating the visuals, Test its Readability, Make it Beautiful
- Knowing your Audience
- Print vs. Digital: Which Works Best for your Audience?
- Choosing What Chart Type is Best
- Understanding Hierarchy
- Vector v. Bitmap
- Finding the right font
- Typographic Rules
- Using the right color
- Using color harmony
- A Guide to Visual Analogies:
- The most common tools in data visualization
- Charts & Diagrams
- Abstract Analogies
- Design Do’s & Dont’s: Eight Design Mistakes and Easy Fixes:
- The Most Common Mistakes Done by Graphic Designers in Creating Infographics, and How to Fix Them.
- Basic Infographic Exercises
- Evaluating the Exercise Results
- Quick review of Infographic Design process
- Putting into Practice:
- Application of statistical data into infographics
- Application of data visualization knowledge
- Focus group testing: Infographics fine-tuning and feedback from participants
- Final infographic presentation and review
Working knowledge in Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw or any free graphic design applications.
Students must have the following: Zoom application, Gmail account (for Google Classroom) and Adobe Illustrator CC or CorelDraw (lower versions are acceptable however maybe restricted) and stable internet connection.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount
- Enroll in our L2C (Learning to Certification) programs and get a globally recognized certificate. This course is part of:
- Adobe Certified Professional (ACP) Visual Design: Foundations of Design & Print Production certificate program
- Visual Graphic Design NC III certificate program