Duration: 4 sessions | 4 hours/session
This class tackles the basics of photography in a practical way, with the goal of being able to use your DSLR or mirrorless camera in different exposure modes just after a few sessions. Technical and creative photography techniques are also covered in this class. This course caters to all kinds of participants — from amateurs to professionals in the making.
This is a live, instructor-led online class, complete with discussions, demonstrations, hands-on exercises, and offline project. This class uses Zoom and Google Classroom.
Getting Acquainted with Your Own DSLR / Mirrorless Camera
|PCCI Anywhere Orientation|
Proper camera handling
Camera main parts and their functions
Main camera controls
Common photography terms
Composition Part 1: Rule of thirds
Depth of Field and Shooting in Aperture Priority Mode
Exposure mode: Aperture Priority mode
Shooting in Aperture Priority mode
Adjusting the Exposure Value in Aperture Priority mode
Depth of Field
Composition Part 2: What Catches Viewers’ Attention
Motion, Shooting in Shutter Speed Priority Mode and in Manual Mode
|Exposure mode: Shutter Speed Priority mode|
Shooting in Shutter Speed Priority mode
Adjusting the Exposure Value in Shutter Speed Priority mode
How your camera reads
Exposure mode: Manual mode
Shooting in Manual exposure mode
Composition Part 3: Other Composition Techniques
|Offline shooting exercises (Daytime)|
1-hr Zoom session: Quick look and evaluation of daytime exercises
Offline shooting exercises (Afternoon and evening)
Evaluation of Photos and Additional Exposure Techniques
|Evaluation of photos from Session 4 shooting exercises|
Advanced exposure techniques
More on Lenses
Exposure Mode: Program and AutoUsing the camera flash
To understand the digital features of a digital camera, e.g., resolution, compression, file formats, etc., participants are advised to attend the seminar on Digital Camera Fundamentals before taking this workshop.
- Any brand of DSLR or Mirrorless interchangeable lens camera
- Kit lens (the lens that the camera came with). A wide-to-telephoto variable focal length lens is preferred
- A tripod is not required but would be very useful in the exercises
- Students must have Gmail account (for Google Classroom), Zoom application, and stable internet connection.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount
- Enroll in our L2C (Learning to Certification) programs and get a globally recognized certificate. This course is part of:
- Photography Essentials Module
- Photography NC II certificate program
Fees: ₱6,000 inclusive of VAT.
Includes materials & e-certificate at the end of the class.
Check Discount Options & Payment
Duration: 4 sessions | 4 hours per session | 16 hours total
Schedule: Check the UPCOMING SCHEDULES below.
BROWSE OTHER COURSES