The Photography Essentials Module covers the basic knowledge, as well as technical and creative skills expected from a professional photographer who deals with general photography. The classes from this module include the fundamentals in shooting with natural and continuous light sources, shooting with a compact flash, shooting with studio lights, managing image files, and basic post-processing techniques.
This module is the perfect starting point for photography enthusiasts and for those considering photography as a career.
By the end of the module, you will:
- Identify the process of digital photography
- Understand the software and hardware of a digital camera
- Operate a digital camera
- Identify different composition techniques
- Identify the characteristics of light
- Compose and shoot a subject under natural and continuous light sources, compact flash, and studio lights
- Balance ambient light and flash
- Identify common accessories in photography
- Identify different lighting techniques
- Shoot studio portraits
- Define digital imaging
- Identify different tools in digital imaging
- Prepare images for various output requirements
- Understand color basics and color management
- Develop a digital workflow
- Manage, sort, classify images, and edit images
- Maintain and store photography-related equipment
Digital and Printed Portfolio
- Digital Camera Fundamentals
- Basic Photography
- Studio Lighting 101
- Flash Photography for Beginners
- Digital Imaging and Color Management Fundamentals
- Adobe Photoshop CC Essentials
- Advanced Photoshop: Portrait Retouching
- Adobe Lightroom Essentials: Photo Editing & Management
- For photography classes, each student is required to bring his own camera, one suitable for the field of study.
- The courses schedule are ongoing throughout the year. Student can attend the classes according to their availability, following the posted calendar of classes.
- Class hours vary per course.
- Availability of slot per course is on first-come, first-served basis.
- To request for updated calendar, please fill up the request form below.
Duration & Fee
- 24 days | 74 hours
- ₱23,500 inclusive of VAT. This module fee is 15% cheaper than taking each course individually.