Introduction to Food Photography
Duration: 3 sessions | 3 hours/session
Shoot food photographs that sell the product without accompanying text descriptions.
The way to a person’s stomach is through their eyes, which is why there is so much demand nowadays for mouth-watering food photography among food establishments and food products. Whether you shoot food for a living or for your Mom and Pop chop-and-chew shop, you will benefit from this workshop.
Who should attend
- Commercial photographers doing work for advertising and food packaging
- Photographers planning to specialize in food photography
- Amateur photographers and food stylists who want to broaden their skill set
- Business owners, managers in the food industry
- In-house staff of food establishments in charge of preparing displays, menus, and sales materials
- Trainee and professional chefs
- Culinary professionals
- Food bloggers and writers
- Food consultants
This is a live, instructor-led online class, complete with discussions, demonstrations, hands-on exercises, and offline project. This class uses Zoom and Google Classroom.
What will be covered
- Equipment needed, from camera and lenses, lights, to inexpensive widgets
- Some fundamental composition rules and creative styles
- Participants will experience and play with at least four (4) different basic lighting techniques
- Sculpting food with light in order to bring out the food’s color, texture, form, shape, and lines
- Basic food styling and food prep techniques
- Simple Photoshop techniques that help solve some food photography problems
- Problems, solutions, and workarounds
- The business side of food photography
Participants should have attended the PCCI's Basic Photography workshop, or have equivalent experience in photography
- Digital camera with manual exposure control, and preferably but not necessarily, with a PC socket for external flash
- Lens that can fill the frame with a single entree on a regular-sized plate
- Lots of memory cards, batteries and a battery charger
- Tripod is highly recommended. (Lighting will be continuous light, not strobe. Definitely, long exposure will be needed. Tripod will prevent camera shake)
- Computer with a program for viewing and selecting uploaded images.
- Students must have the following: Zoom application, Gmail account (for Google Classroom), and stable internet connection.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount
- Enroll in our L2C (Learning to Certification) programs and get a globally recognized certificate. This course is part of:
Fees: ₱4,000 inclusive of VAT.
Includes materials & e-certificate at the end of the class.
Check Discount Options & Payment
Duration: 3 sessions | 3 hours per session | 9 hours total
Schedule: Check the UPCOMING SCHEDULES below.
BROWSE OTHER COURSES