Flash Photography (Face to Face)
If you are already familiar with shutter speed, aperture, and ISO, then you have the fundamentals to dramatically improve the quality of your flash photos.
Itching to shoot better portraits? Better still life and product shots? But can’t afford studio flash? Well, itch no more–we’ll show you how to produce professional studio photos with affordable, portable, camera flash. Even the pros resort to camera flash in the field or indoors, some all the time and not just occasionally.
How do you control the intensity? Create soft shadows that don’t scream “flash photography?” Balance the flash with available light? Or eliminate available light altogether?
The instructor will share the key concepts and techniques behind effective and creative lighting with flash. They will start with simple techniques that improve the results from a camera’s built-in flash then focuses on fill flash techniques and on using flash as the key light.
Method of teaching
Face to face onsite classroom learning delivery.
What will be covered
- Explanation of the principle behind the flash photography
- The advantages of external flash vs. built-in flash
- Balancing act of ambient and flash
- Flash ranges and modes
- How to use the rear or second curtain
- How to use high sync for action photography
- How to use flash modifiers with the flash
- How to use fill-in flash for various kinds of subject, e.g., shooting people against dramatic sunset
- Adding a second flash
- Purchasing a flash
- Project Presentation
Participants should have attended the PCCI Basic Photography workshop, or have equivalent experience in photography.
Participants should have a camera and preferably (not required), flash and flash triggers for the hands-on exercises.
- Includes certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount
- Enroll in our L2C (Learning to Certification) programs and get a globally recognized certificate. This course is part of:
- Photography NC II certificate program
- Go to occurrence page
- May 10 2023
TimeIncludes lunch break and snack breaks.Class hours vary per date. Typical hours are as follows:
- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm