Introduction to Event Photography (Full Online)
Are you passionate about capturing the essence and energy of live events through your camera lens? Whether you’re an aspiring event photographer or looking to enhance your existing skills, our Event Photography Webinar course is designed to provide the foundation to be an effective events photographer from understanding your role in an event, best practices in candid photography and capturing emotions to how to market yourself.
Method of teaching
This is a live instructor-led online seminar with participant engagement via Q&A. This class will use Zoom as main conferencing platform.
What will be covered
Here’s what you can expect to learn during this immersive webinar course:
- Understanding the Event Photographer’s Role:
- Different Types of Events and Common Scenarios
- Determining Your Clients’ Needed (what you need to gather before creating a proposal)
- Pricing a Photo Coverage Project (the factors that you need to consider when it comes to making a quotation)
- Preparing Proposals and Contracts
- The Preparation: Essential Gear and Equipment
- Gear Requirements
- Recommended lens and settings based on event
- Basic tips for taking care of your camera equipment
- The Preparation: 3Ps (Place, Program, People)
- Importance of the 3Ps
- Importance of Composition, Lighting and Color
- Best practices for Candid Photography and Capturing Emotions
- Anticipate challenges and how to prepare for them
- After Event: What happens next?
- Tips in batch editing (Adobe Lightroom)
- Deliverables (hard copy, album, file sharing)
- Tips in building your Portfolio
Note: There will be a short activity during the webinar (please keep your camera close).
Knowledge in basic photography.
Students must have Zoom application and stable internet connection.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount