Introduction to Portrait Photography (Face to Face)
This intensive hands-on course provides a comprehensive introduction to the art and techniques of portrait photography.
Through a combination of theory and hands-on practice, this workshop will equip students with the fundamental skills required to capture compelling portraits. From understanding lighting and composition to working with models and creating a comfortable shooting environment, participants will gain the knowledge and confidence to create stunning portraits.
Method of teaching
Face to face onsite classroom learning delivery.
What will be covered
By the end of the workshop, you will learn:
- Understand the basics of portrait photography, including equipment and camera settings.
- Comprehend the role of lighting in portrait photography and effectively use natural and artificial lighting techniques.
- Apply composition principles to create visually appealing and impactful portraits.
- Develop skills in directing and communicating with models to achieve desired poses and expressions.
- Explore different styles and approaches to portrait photography and develop a personal creative vision.
- Identify and overcome common challenges in portrait photography, such as dealing with difficult lighting conditions or uncooperative subjects.
- Edit and post-process portrait images to enhance their visual impact (Demonstration)
Basic knowledge in photography.
What to Bring:
- Camera: DSLR or Mirrorless camera with hot shoe (for flash trigger) or PC socket for studio flash
- Lens: Minimum requirement: With focal length of at least 50mm (ex: 18-55mm / 24-70mm / 24-105). Preferably 70mm to 100mm
- Tripod (There are some units available at PCCI, which are shared among the participants. If you have your own, we suggest you bring it with you so you can practice with your own equipment.)
- Compact flash is optional. But if you have one, you may bring it if you wish to use it during the exercises.
- Includes certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount