Creating Websites on WordPress: The Basics (Full Online)
WordPress is a Web publishing platform consisting of themes, widgets, plugins — all prebuilt, and are easily set up and customized. It’s a build-it-yourself website creation system without the rigors and complexities of HTML and PHP coding. This course covers methods and principles necessary to install, customize and maintain a basic WordPress site.
Who should attend
Anybody wanting to build websites but are intimidated by HTML and other web programming languages.
Method of teaching
This course provides live instructor-led demonstration and discussions, student engagement and on-the-spot hands on exercises using Zoom, Google Classroom.
What will be covered
- Setting up a WordPress account
- Importing and installing themes
- Modifying settings
- Working with widgets
- Content creation and management
- Uploading media
- Basic theme customization
- Adding plugins (Shopping cart, video gallery, etc.)
- Basic computer skills.
- Familiarity with Web terminology, e.g., URL, downloading/uploading content, etc.
Students must have Zoom application and stable internet connection.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount