Designing Effective Product Labels and Packaging (Full Online)
Products either fail or succeed depending on several factors, primarily due to how its branding was developed, and how it can relate to consumers at point of purchase. This workshop covers the basics of branding design, from creative brief to product development, with actual hands-on production of mock-up packaging.
This course provides live instructor-led demonstration and discussions, student engagement and on-the- spot hands on exercises using Zoom, Google Classroom and Adobe Illustrator CC. A design brief will be given to the students to accomplish, with presentation of final project on the last day.
What will be covered
- Creating a Logo from a Creative Brief
- Developing Logo Studies
- Creating a Color and Font Palette
- Deciding on the Product Container
- Determining Label and Packaging Dimensions
- Determining Artwork Frames and Artwork Bounds
- Creating Flat Artwork for Label and Box Designs
- Creating Dielines for Box Packaging
- Creating Map Art from Flat Artwork
- Determining Surfaces for Map Art
- Creating Mockups with 3D Extrude and 3D Revolve
Students must have Adobe InDesign and Photoshop and/or Illustrator/CoreDraw, Zoom application and stable internet connection.
- Lifetime Free Refresher
- Enroll in our L2C (Learning to Certification) programs and get a globally recognized certificate.
- This course is part of the following Modules and Full certificate program:
- Adobe Certified Professional (ACP) Visual Design: Foundations of Design & Print Production certificate program
- Visual Graphic Design NC III certificate program