Adobe InDesign Essentials (Full Online)
This workshop will teach you how to create a multiple page layout in InDesign and maximize the tools available for tight typographic controls, long and multiple text blocks, grid alignment, linking elements across pages, text and object styles, creating and updating links and cross-references, intuitive and powerful text wrap, etc.
What will be covered
- Creating master pages for consistency across pages and sections in a document
- Creating text and object styles for consistency and adaptability
- Setting up for professional alignment and working with grids
- Working with color and color effects
- Creating gradients and tints
- Using color consistently within a publication and from issue to issue
- Professional-level controls over type
- Inserting special characters
- Entering tabs with leaders and hanging indents
- Cropping and scaling graphics
- Wrapping text around an object
- Applying special text formatting such as bullets, numbering, drop caps, tabbed text, text wraps, etc.
- Handling missing fonts
- Working with tables and table styles
- Automatically updating paragraph, character, object, cell and table styles
- Importing and working with vector and bitmap graphics
- Importing clipping paths with graphics and creating clipping paths in InDesign
- Copying elements across documents
- Pre-flighting that all elements are ready for printing
- Assembling files delivery to a service printer or provider
- Generating an Adobe PDF file for proofing and printing
Basic computer skills.
Students must have Adobe InDesign CC (lower versions are acceptable however maybe restricted), Gmail account (for Google Classroom), Zoom application and stable internet connection.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount
- Enroll in our L2C (Learning to Certification) programs and get a globally recognized certificate. This course is part of:
- Graphic Design Essentials Module
- Adobe Certified Professional (ACP) Visual Design: Foundations of Design & Print Production certificate program
- Visual Graphic Design NC III certificate program