Web Design Fundamentals (Full Online Learning Delivery)
A 3-hour webinar that introduces participants to technical considerations that impact on Web design. Issues covered include cross-platform and cross-browser designing; the nature of WWW imaging; navigation and usability; and interactivity.
Method of teaching
This is a live instructor-led online seminar with participant engagement via Q&A. This class will use Zoom as main conferencing platform.
What will be covered
- How the WWW fits into the Internet
- Components of a Web page and how they work
- Layers of Web design
- The basic elements of a Web page
- Languages of the Web
- Print imaging vs. Web imaging
- HTML or Flash?
- Essential tools for Web designers and developers
- Web design and development process
- Basic design principles
- Implications of user control on Web design
- Factors affecting download speed
- Usability and navigation
- How to conceptualize a usable, interactive Web site
Open to anyone interested in the topic.
Students must have Zoom application and stable internet connection.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount