Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Exams
Adobe offers the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification for validating entry-level skills. The certifications provide students with credentials that demonstrate real-world prowess to prospective employers and academic institutions.
To earn an Adobe certification, an individual must pass a rigorous examination administered through a Certiport Authorized Testing Center (CATC) like PCCI. All Adobe exams are created with input from Adobe subject-matter exerts and are psychometrically validated. The scenario-based questions provide real-world context for students. Each Adobe certification exam corresponds to a particular Adobe application used for digital media communication and represents a single certification. You can also earn an Adobe Certified Associate Professional certificate which is awarded when an individual earns three qualifying Adobe Certified Associate certifications in Adobe Creative Cloud.
By earning 2 or more Adobe Certified Associate certifications, you can receive Adobe Certified Professional in Visual/Web/Video Design credential.
Here are the requirements:
You must pass one specific exam and one of the other two exams as listed below. Exam versions must be CC 2018 or newer.
- Adobe Certified Professional in Visual Design = Photoshop (required) + Illustrator or InDesign
The Adobe Certified Professional in Visual Design validates the individual’s expertise in creating and designing holistic digital aesthetics using Adobe Creative Cloud. This certification requires professional-level skills and knowledge to effectively create and develop digital creative assets.
- Adobe Certified Professional in Video Design = Premiere Pro (required) + Photoshop or After Effects
The Adobe Certified Professional in Video Design validates the individual’s expertise in creating and editing videos using Adobe Creative Cloud. It requires professional-level skills and knowledge to effectively create graphics, animations, and special effects.
- Adobe Certified Professional in Web Design = Dreamweaver (required) + Animate or Photoshop
The Adobe Certified Professional in Web Design validates the individual’s expertise in designing and building web pages using Adobe Creative Cloud. It requires professional-level skills and knowledge to effectively design and develop websites, layouts, and user interface.
Once you have passed the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam, you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Validate your technical ability and demonstrate proficiency in using Adobe products.
- Have your résumé noticed by colleges of further education as well as potential employers.
- Be prepared in digital media skills and have the knowledge required by learning environments.
- Be in the vanguard when it comes to hearing about the latest offerings from Adobe.
- Leverage the power of the Adobe brand and resources.
- Join the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) community and exploit your qualification.
ACA Creative Cloud 2020 | 2019 | 2018 (each exam is 50 minutes):
- Photoshop – 33 Questions
- Illustrator – 32 Questions
- InDesign – 34 Questions
- After Effects – 35 Questions
- Premiere Pro – 31 Questions
- Animate – 30 Questions
- Dreamweaver – 30 Questions
Test candidates, proctors and administrators must adhere and/or enforce all of the following policies when taking or administering an exam at a Certiport Authorized Testing Center.
- Upon arrival at the testing center, Test Candidates must present their personal identification bearing a photograph and signature.
- Test candidates may not take recording devices such as paper/pencil, cameras, PDAs, computers, or communication devices such as cell phones, or pagers into the testing area.
- Test candidates must not communicate with other test candidates either in the testing room, or in any other area of the testing facility during authorized testing breaks.
- Test candidates must read and accept the terms of the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) presented prior to the start of the exam.
- Test candidates must not remove exam content from the testing area, and must not reproduce exam content outside of the testing area.
- Test candidates must abide by the terms of the retake policy.
- Test candidates found to have violated testing center rules may lose any existing certifications and may be made permanently ineligible for additional certifications.
Please Note: In certain circumstances, the computer on which a test candidate is taking the exam may stop responding, or produce an error condition in which continuation of the exam would not be possible. If a test candidate experiences this or any other computer interruption (e.g. power outage), they must notify the Certiport Authorized Testing Center (CATC) administrator and/or proctor immediately to restart the exam. When the computer is restarted and/or the error condition resolved, the proctor will launch the software again and the test candidate will choose the “In-Progress” exam, which on most exams will return them to the point at which the interruption occurred. On applicable exams, the software will retain the exam progress and time remaining up to the point of termination, as long as the exam is resumed on the same computer in which it was started.
The retake policies vary based on the exam program.
- If a candidate fails their first (1st) attempt to pass any Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification exam, there is one-day waiting period for retaking the failed exam a second (2nd) time. One day is defined as 24 hours after the exam was first started.
- If a candidate does not pass the exam the second (2nd) time, the candidate must wait for a period of at least five (5) calendar days from the date of their last attempt to retake the exam a third (3rd) or any subsequent time.
- This policy applies to both voucher-based and site-license-based Certiport centers.
- All original vouchers must be used prior to their expiration dates, without exception.
- Retake vouchers must be used within 60 days of the initial failed exam. If a retake was purchased, the retake voucher is sent by email after a failed exam.
- Test results found to be in violation of this retake policy will result in the candidate not being awarded the attempted credential, regardless of score.
|Exam Only||With Retake|
PCCI Student / Alumni
3 in 1 Exam Bundle
1st 100 Subscribers Promo Price
SCHEDULE & BOOKING QUICK VIEW