High-End Beauty Portrait Retouching (Full Online)
The course is about detailed retouching of beauty and portrait images using Photoshop. This is an experts level course that covers techniques used in the retouching industry for magazine cover and brand campaigns.
The course will start with a discussion of digital concepts and how to handle digital images. Workflow follows and techniques is discussed on every step of the workflow. After the finishing touches, exporting your files to different formats is discussed.
Method of Teaching
This course provides live instructor-led demonstration and discussions, student engagement and on-the-spot hands on exercises using Zoom, Google Classroom and Adobe Photoshop CC. Sample high resolution files will be provided to do the exercises.
What will be covered
Understanding Digital Concepts, Color Primer, Develop Raw
- What is a Bit Depth?
- Understanding Megapixel.
- What are the different file formats and its use?
- What is color?
- Breaking an image based on tones, hue, saturation and light
- What’s a color space and how will it affect my image?
- RGB vs CMYK
- When to calibrate your devices.
- Understanding Raw file and how to develop them.
Cleanup, Color Correction, Frequency Separation
- What are the differences between healing tools and stamp tool?
- Understanding the different color adjustment layers.
- The complexity of a simple frequency separation
Contouring, Color Treatment, Special Tools, Sharpening, Exporting
- Shaping through highlight and shadows.
- Out of the ordinary colors through grading.
- Tools that will surprise you.
- Finishing your work by sharpening it.
- File destination and settings.
- Basic knowledge in using Adobe Photoshop.
Students must have the following: Zoom application, Gmail account (for Google Classroom) and Adobe Photoshop CC and stable internet connection.
- Includes e-certificate of completion
- Lifetime Free Refresher (You may attend again the same course, free of charge, on a space-available basis.)
- Alumni discount